Thursday, March 21, 2013

Being a student

Next week I'm taking a pastel class from a local pastel artist named Lella Lee through the Rappahannock Art League. I am due for some time off from work and I honestly cannot think of something I want to do more than play with my pastels for three days.

The class is from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I have to facilitate a group at work Tuesday evening, but other than that, I'm going to focus on my artwork for three days. I'm hoping to make that four or five days actually because I also took off on Friday and already had Saturday off.

Lella has sent an email advising us students not to purchase any additional pastels or materials but to bring what we have. When I talked to her briefly at the opening of the water themed show at the gallery earlier this month, she said that she has many pastels in her own collection and will discuss how to avoid a pastel stash that is unmanageable.

We are also to bring some simple reference photos as we are focusing on technique and not necessarily finished works.

I'm looking forward to learning something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment